Thursday, March 3, 2011

I had blood work done. I have never taken this seriously before. I have never had a doctor act like this was serious UNTIL NOW. Nobody in a white coat has ever acted like my numbers were bad.

I went to the company's health clinic they provide to employees. They called me today with my results. They were not happy. Now I am not happy. Here is the result:

Cholestrol 294 supposed to be <200
Triglycerides 278 supposed to be <150
LDL cholestrol 187 supposed to be <130
HDL cholestrol 51 GOOD
Thyroid levels 1 GOOD
Sugar levels 95 GOOD should be in 65-99 range
Vitamin D GOOD

They told me to go to the American Heart Association and get the low saturated fat diet. Am to do this for 8 weeks before they re-test the labs. Am to walk 20 minutes daily and work up to 30 minutes. They told me I cannot wait another day to do this. I AM TOTALLY FREAKED OUT! and I should be. THANK YOU COMPANY HEALTH CLINIC. I ONCE WAS BLIND BUT NOW I SEE.

1 comments:

Chance Evans said...

...but think of what your levels would be if you had not already gotten a jump start on your fitness.