Monday, August 30, 2010

So I am flipping thru the new issue of SHAPE magazine and discover some really easy recipes with 6 ingredients or less! I don't cook very well. My prerequisite for any recipe is preferably 5 ingredients or less, but I am willing to add 1 more item if the finished product is worth it. Saw this recipe for pasta and spinach leaves. I thought you could only eat spinach leaves like in a salad. Who knew you could cook this stuff? Anyways the spinach leaves cook down with tomatoes etc; then you put it in the cooked pasta. I am going to try this out this week. Will let you know how that goes. The magazine gives you a shopping list for the whole week of recipes. They have a list of what they consider 'standard' pantry fare...let's just say my pantry is lacking.

On the last page of the mag, they feature a reader and their weight/health journey. The Gym Virgin has her sights set on that little feature page. Let me tell you. Not today, but some day.

Did some walking today. Must do better tomorrow. About to do some lunges before going to bed. They help with balance. My balance is just awful.

Laters!

P.S. I just noticed the day counter is on 288! Time is definitely marching on. Just yesterday it was in the 300s.

0 comments: