Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just came from the gym with Rambo trainer for my first session. My friend, Keshia, went to the session as well. On the way to the gym I am playing the Rocky theme over and over in my head. I am pumped, ready to go. Woo Hoo it is trainer time!

Fast forward one hour and I am hurting like I never have in my life. I wobbled to my car and wondered if I even had the strength to drive it home.
People, I am telling you I HAVE BEEN TRAINED!!!! First thing we did was to go upstairs and do a warm up i.e. 10 minutes on the treadmill. Then we go downstairs to the weight room. Rambo likes to work the top of the body, then the middle, then the bottom. Now Rambo had scientific names for this like quads and abs and all that crap but you get the idea. We get to the weight bench or bench press. I told him I have alot of trouble with balance. Laying on that skinny bench like to have killed by back, plus I thought I was going to fall off. If my butt weren't so fluffy, then my feet could have touched the floor. Rambo said we would modify. I have learned 'modify' is a key word.

We go up the stairs to a machine bench press and I did that for 10 reps. Next we go back down stairs and get out the balance ball. The idea was to lay on that and do sit ups. No can do. The Gym Virgin rolled off the ball onto the floor and had to do a contortion to get back off the floor. At this juncture, I believe Rambo is getting the picture of my abilities. He has an excel spreadsheet of my proposed workout plan. He is marking it everytime I do something, the reps, how much weight, etc. He is also going to calculate what my heart rate should be.

Next we do several weight lift deals with our arms, 10 reps each side. Rambo says we do this in front of the mirror for motivation. All I can say is you haven't lived until you are exercising in front of a full length mirror. Rambo said I was to look in the mirror and FOCUS. Turns out I tend to look at the floor. Rambo says I can't do that.

Then we did lunges. I held onto Rambo's shoulder for this. In the future, he says I will not get to hold on to him but will instead use hand weights while lunging. Lunges were 10 reps each side.

Next more weight deals where you hold the weight and bend over and lean down to your knee. 10 reps each side. Rambo says not to move your hips but keep them still and bend from the waist. He also says not to lock your arms. He talks alot about muscle safety and not hurting yourself. At this point, I literally thought I was going to throw up. I felt nauseaous. We stopped for about a minute. He says this is 'pause for a cause'. Then we did breathing stretches, inhale...exhale. Surprisingly this helped alot. Husband used to tell me how he threw up during football practise back in the day. I totally get that now.

Next we go upstairs and did leg strengthening machine where you push yourself backwards with your legs. 10 reps. We did some more stuff, but my brain hurts and I can't remember.

We talked about the Big Dam Bridge and Rambo says we will go there and go over that thing. Turns out he runs that all the time with the girlfriend. That just figures.

It is now straight up 7:00 and my hour is over. NOT!!!! We then have to go to the aerobics room and do cool down stretches. We stretched, we shook it out, we bent, we curved, we worked it all out.

Kids, I have to tell you after tonight, the thought of eating anything non healthy makes me ill. I mean why would I do all that work just to mess it up with wrong food???

Rambo and I will be meeting every other Thursday to start. Will start 1 week from tonight. If I can live to tell about it, I think this will be a real good thing.:)

0 comments: