Sunday, July 18, 2010

Turns out the building I work in has a track! Who knew? Certainly not me. I have not seen said track but plan to do this on Tuesday. Keshia said she walks the straight stretches and runs the curves. How many curves are in a track? 2? 4? Guess I will find out. Today's agenda is washing my car.

First month's numbers are in:

Lost: 3 lbs
Gained: Energy and determination

Pictures are posted for the 1st month.
I didn't take a picture on June 15th, because quite frankly, I never thought I would even do this for more than a week. When I went thru all my photos, turns out I don't have that many. When you are extra fluffy, you don't tend to have photos around to remind you of that fact. And if by chance something got snapped by mistake, well then you always destroy that evidence. And there are never, ever any full body pictures. They just don't exist. So the "before" pic is from a couple of years ago. I actually thought I looked good that day. I am really baring my soul here. You can see the all over problem, stomach, hips, bust area is awful. Do you know I once even thought of asking a plastic surgeon if he could do an industrial strength tummy tuck, boob reduction, and all over lipo!!!!

But enough of all that! Let's concentrate on the July 15th first month of working out picture! TADA!!!! You will notice the smile! The I can conquer the world stance!!! Plus this tee shirt I have on was quite tight when I got it in April.

It's the simple stuff I didn't realize I had such a problem with. For instance, before June 15th, I could not even walk around the grocery store without wanting to sit down. Seriously, how pathetic is that! Yesterday, I cleaned the casa, prepared a roast dinner, went to the grocery, unloaded the grocery (typically husband does this), put away the grocery, and took 3 humongo bags to the trash. This doesn't sound like a lot of progress, but to me it is HUGE! Also I have these black legging things I use for the workout, now I know they are stretchy, but I may have to take the waist seam up in them. Guess I will break out the old sewing machine. Used to sew professionally and haven't had the machine out more than once or twice in 10 years.

I also went to Shape.com and registered on their site for additional tips and ideas. When funds are available, I want to subscribe to this mag.

1 comments:

The Sister said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! Just think, before long you'll even be parking in the outer 40 so you can get some extra steps in on the way into the grocery....a foreign concept to you pre-June 15! and yes, Kathie and I were worried - you didn't post for several days. She emailed from Minnesota and asked what was up, did you quit, she hoped not. Your fan base awaits the latest news!